Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mr. Turkey aka Batman/Thanksgiving


I know this is late. But, better late than never, right? A few weeks ago, Lily brought home a turkey that we were supposed to "disguise" as a family. It was a homework assignment from her kindergarten teacher. The idea was to disguise the turkey so that he wouldn't get eaten for Thanksgiving dinner. We had a lot of fun disguising her turkey as Batman.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year with Coult's family. We had lots of yummy food and had a great time visiting his side of the family. I love Thanksgiving because it's always nice to be reminded of all the things I have to be grateful for. Here are just a few of them:

~My wonderful husband, Coult. He is such a loving, supportive person and I'm grateful that he is there for me and our girls. He means more to me than words can say.
~Our two beautiful daughters, Natalie and Lily. Having children has taught me more about love than I can possibly explain. I can't imagine my life without them.
~Our loving and supportive extended family. Coult and I are very blessed to have such wonderful extended family who are always there for us.
~The true gospel of Jesus Christ. Without the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, I wouldn't have been able to make it through some of the trials I have had. It gives me great peace and happiness.
~My life and the life of several of my family members. After almost dying in the tornado in 1999, I have a true appreciation for how fragile life is and how none of us know when our time on this earth will be over.
~I'm grateful for our home, the food we have to eat every day, and the clothes I have to wear. I know there are many in this world who have no homes and no food or clothes. After losing everything in the tornado, I have a better understanding of how quickly a person can lose everything. I'm very grateful for those who helped us in our time of need. I will never again take having a roof over my head for granted.

I hope that you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Thereasa said...

Hi Amy,

Tell Lily that I like her Batman Turkey ... she did a great job!

You're such a sweet and special young mom!

Love always, Thereasa

PS
I changed my blogger address.

Laurie said...

i liked lilys batman turkey! it doesnt suprise me that she decorated it like that at all! i liked reading your list of all that you are thankful for. and your right---the tornado did teach us several lessons about life. i was telling aaron the other day how i would not have lived through that terrible night if it wouldnt have been for you and coult inviting steven and i over.

Laurie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE!!!
We hope your day was wonderful! Next weekend we will be able to celebrate with you!

Love, aaron and laurie

Presley family said...

I am thankful for a friend in Texas as wonderful as you! I LOVE the turkey! What a smart girl!!!!
BIG HUGS!

Walker family said...

I love it, batman looks really great. Happy belated Thanksgiving.