Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow!

We awoke to a wonderful surprise on Wed. It was snowing! It snowed for a while and then stopped. The snow started to melt and then we were surprised again when it started to snow even harder that afternoon! It was snowing pretty hard when I picked Natalie up from school. She was so excited! That time, the snow was able to accumulate quite a bit. It was at least 3 inches deep by the time we went to bed last night. The girls made a small snow man Wed. morning before school and our neighbors were able to build a full size snow man by late Wed. night. The girls really enjoyed the snow! I have a couple of videos of them throwing snowballs at each other that I will try to add later. I still can't get my videos to upload for some reason. Anyway, Lily was so sad this morning when she found out the sun was going to melt the snow and that it wouldn't be snowing any today. She told me she was going to "make the sun go home" so that the snow wouldn't melt. LOL She has really been wanting to see snow! Natalie said the snow brought back memories for her of when we lived in Utah about 9 yrs ago. She loved the snow then and she still loves it now. I love seeing everything looking like a winter wonderland outside. Who knows, maybe we'll get some more snow before winter is over.









4 comments:

Aunt Kim said...

I'm jealous!!! We have YET to have our first snow. Other day, we got flurries, but by the time I got to the door, they were gone. It has been snowing in the mountains, but not here. Looks like the girls had fun...which is ALL that matters....Love ya'll and will see ya'll in about 5 weeks..

Presley family said...

Oh fun!! My little sister called me yesterday to tell me that is was snowing! I don't think we will be getting snow out here any time soon!! wink!!! BIG HUGS!!!
Happy Birthday Natalie!! you are such an awesome big sister!!!!

Tara Bennett said...

Snow is so much fun! I'm jealous, we haven't had near the snow we usually get - and I live in Utah - supposedly the 'greatest snow on earth.' =(

Your sister Alisa visited my blog. She sent me your way and I'm so glad she did. I read a lot of Lily's story on caring bridge. What a beautiful girl and amazing family you have.

I would love to share Lily's story on kidz. I spotlight a child at least once a week - to increase awareness and help other mom's who are going through this type of thing. Let me know if you're interested. We could use what you've written on caring bridge or do an interview and a new story. Either way, it will be inspirational to others as it just was to me. Thank you.

Alisa said...

I am jealous, too! We had a "baby" snow!